Monday 24 February 2014

Skin Boosting Face Masks






There is no greater joy in life than pampering yourself with a luxe face mask.  These are some of my absolute favourites that completely banish winter dull, dry skin and leave you with nothing but a glowing radiance.  As a complete product junkie I have tried pretty much every mask out there from drugstore to high end and these really are the goodies that I come back to again and again. 

First of all the daddy of all the masks on the market at the moment - Glamglow I can not rave enough about this mask!! I bought it initially on a whim before my wedding as I was sold on the 'instant results' and it's claims to leave you with radiant skin three days after application.  Well ladies it does this and so much more! It does feel like you are applying actual mud to your face as it is made up of sea clay, active tea leaf and volcanic rock but the smell sure does make up for the bizarre texture, it is gorgeous!! It is suitable for all skin types, is paraben free and completely natural  - music to my ears, but what makes this mask so outstanding are the results. Immediately I had the smoothest, flawless complexion all my blackheads had diminished and I looked like I had spent the week at a detox health spa - I kid you not! It does feel slightly tingly when you have it on as it is an exfoliant treatment, but I quite like the feeling of a mask 'working' away on my face.  It is quite pricey so I only use it on special occasions or if my skin really needs a pick-me-up but it is certainly worth every penny for how it can completely transform your skin.







Another instant results mask is the REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal MaskI am a huge fan of REN products and this mask has to be their very best, it is an absolute godsend for congested, damaged and dull skin.  After discovering the skin goddess Caroline Hirons I learnt about the importance of using acids on the skin to balance and improve the thickness of the dermis, and what a difference it has made to my skin! This mask contains Glycolic acid and it is beautifully gentle but extremely effective at exfoliating away dirt, grime and it actively dissolves the bonds that hold dead skin build-up to reveal a healthy glow.  A definite must have!





A mask I couldn't miss out was the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask. Bloggers have raved on and on about this mask for years, and for very good reason.  It is an overnight treatment so perfect for slathering on and really letting the product work its magic with no need to rinse off.  It feels heavenly on the skin, gorgeously rich and luxurious but not too thick or clogging. It feels more like a rich night cream rather than a mask and doesn't transfer to your bedding which is always a worry when using any overnight treatments.  The smell is divine, refreshingly citrus and what is so wonderful is you wake up the next day and your skin feels beautifully plumped and noticeably hydrated.  I have dry to combination skin but I would say this would be suitable for all skin types as the formula isn't at all greasy or too heavy. 


Last but not least is the Nude Miracle Mask which contains Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) and is formulated with rice beads so double the exfoliation! I massage this into my skin for about a minute and then leave it to work its magic for a further 5 or so before removing with warm water.  Used once a week this mask not only softens the skin but also deeply cleanses without causing any irritation or redness. Warning,  a little goes a long way with this mask so gently does it on the massage front.  As with any products that contain AHA you will need to wear an SPF and be careful with your sun exposure, but again, it does wonders for the complexion and leaves you with noticeably brighter, flawless, youthful and toned looking skin.  





Emi xx

No comments:

Post a Comment