Tuesday 21 January 2014

My 3 Favourite Stretch Mark Products







Sadly another pregnancy gripe is stretch marks, they are seriously common in pregnant women, hardly surprising with all the rapid growth taking place.  If you are anything like me you will do anything and try anything to avoid them!  It has been proven that babies in the womb sense and feel everything, your voice carries energy as well as your thoughts.  During my evening routine, I always take time to stop and connect with my growing baby, talking to baby and sending them loving feelings.  For me it is such a lovely thing to do and anything to make you feel more pampered in pregnancy is definitely a good thing!  From the moment I found out I was pregnant I applied Bio-Oil religiously but the smell really isn't that pleasant and I felt like an oil slick afterwards as it took forever to sink into the skin, so I looked around for alternatives.
To be honest, I think the pregnancy beauty market is seriously in need of more choice, but here are my three must have products which I have tested and so far, zero stretch marks - yay!

Cussons Mum & Me Stretch Mark Cream is wonderfully light but also feels extremely moisturising, it sinks into the skin marvellously and the scent is floral and delicate which I found very comforting in the first 3 months when my nausea was so extreme any strong smell would have horrible consequences!  There is also a body lotion in a big pump bottle cream which is lovely for applying to the rest of your body as your hips, bum, boobs and thighs can also be a target.  The only niggle is the price and how long the product actually lasts.  It is around the £10 mark and if you are applying it everyday or twice a day I found it only gave me around a weeks use, but overall a brilliant product.    Buy it here

Mama Mio Tummy Rub Stretch Mark Oil is a higher end product and is developed specifically to soothe, strengthen, nourish and protect the skin during pregnancy and beyond.  It is brimming with omegas 3, 6 and 9 (which are naturally depleted during pregnancy), and the best thing of all is that there  are zero nasties in any of their products, so completely safe for you and bubba. Unlike Bio-Oil and other oils it is absorbed into the skin very easily and smells seriously divine!  This product is a definite must-have for all mothers-to-be.   Buy it here

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Tummy Butter is by far my absolute favourite at the moment, I have fallen head over heels in love with it and I can not rave about it enough!  First of all the smell, it is seriously nice, much lighter than other Palmer's Cocoa Butter products as it has added lavender.  There isn't any sticky residue that you can get with some other body butters and your skin still feels completely moisturised 24 hours later.  I have no idea how it does it but it literally melts into the skin and leaves you with the most glowing and radiant skin I have ever experienced from any body cream, ever.  It is the cheats way of getting the 'pregnancy glow'.  I loved this product so much I went back and bought the rest of the shelf!  At £3.99 a tub it also doesn't break the bank, I will definitely continue to use this product as it does things to my skin that other creams just don't - absolute genius.   Buy it here

I'd love to know if you have any other recommendations on pregnancy related skin care!

Emi xx



No comments:

Post a Comment